- Name Ayham Alnabulsi
- Institute Vertebrate Antibodies Limited
Tool name: Anti-MMP9 [2C3]
Tool type: Antibodies
Tool sub-type: Primary antibody
Application: IHC ; IF ; IP ; WB
Description: Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family are involved in the breakdown of extracellular matrix (ECM) in normal physiological processes as well as in disease processes. Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) are the main physiological regulators of the MMPs. The TIMPs are secreted proteins that complex with individual MMPs and regulate the activity of specific MMPs. Together, the MMPs and TIMPs form a complex biological system strictly controlling degradation of ECM. The MMPs and TIMPs have a significant role in facilitating tumour invasion and metastasis.
Expression of MMP9 has been identified in individual studies as prognostic biomarkers in established and locally advanced colorectal cancer.
Immunogen: Ovalbumin-conjugated synthetic peptide; KLGLGADVAQVT
Isotype: IgG1 kappa
Research area: Adhesion ; Cancer ; Epigenetics & Nuclear Signalling
Myeloma used: P3X63Ag8.653
- For Research Use Only
- • Sreekanth et al. 2011. Oncogene. 30(28):3139-52. PMID: 21317920.
- • Molecular evidences for the chemosensitizing efficacy of liposomal curcumin in paclitaxel chemotherapy in mouse models of cervical cancer.
- • Jeffery et al. 2009. Histopathology. 54(7):820-8. PMID: 19635101.
- • The matrix metalloproteinase/tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase profile in colorectal polyp cancers.
- • Lyall et al. 2006. Clin Cancer Res. 12(4):1184-91. PMID: 16489072.
- • Profiling markers of prognosis in colorectal cancer.
- • Curran et al. 2004. Clin Cancer Res. 10(24):8229-34. PMID: 15623598.
- • Matrix metalloproteinase/tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase phenotype identifies poor prognosis colorectal cancers.
- • Murray et al. 1998. Gut. 43(6):791-7. PMID: 9824606.
- • Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in gastric cancer.
- • Duncan et al. 1998. Eur J Biochem. 258(1):37-43. PMID: 9851689.
- • Human matrix metalloproteinase-9: activation by limited trypsin treatment and generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for the activated form.
- • Murray et al. 1998. J Pathol. 185(3):256-61. PMID: 9771478.
- • Matrix metalloproteinase-1 is associated with poor prognosis in oesophageal cancer.