Anti-Bordotella avium 41-kDa Surface Protein [PF8]
- Institute University of Georgia
Tool name: Anti-Bordotella avium 41-kDa Surface Protein [PF8]
Tool type: Antibodies
Reactivity: Bordotella avium
Molecular weight of the target: 41
Application: ELISA ; IF ; WB
Description: Bordotella avium, a Gram-negative, aerobic and motile bacterium, is the causative agent of turkey coryza, an economically-impacting disease that can also infect other birds. The bacterium has been isolated from individuals with cystic fibrosis, although the contribution of the organism to the disease is still unclear.B. avium shares several virulence factors with human pathogens. A 41 kDa surface protein of B. avium is strongly associated with the organismĂÂs virulence and ability to attach to tracheal mucosa. Monoclonal antibodies designated 9F8, 1G12 and 14G8 immunoprecipitate the 41kDa protein and also inhibited HA of guinea pig erythrocytes by B. avium. These antibodies have the potential to be used in the development of therapeutic and/or diagnostic tools.
Immunogen: CsCl-purified protein from B. avium 002/S isolate
Research area: Microbiology
Myeloma used: Sp2/0
- For Research Use Only
- • Harrington et al. 2009. Emerg Infect Dis. 15(1):72-4. PMID: 19116056.
- • Moore et al. 1994. Avian Dis. 38(2):218-24. PMID: 7980267.
- • Moore et al. 1994. Avian Dis. 38(1):50-8. PMID: 8002900.
- • Domingo et al. 1992. Avian Dis. 36(3):707-13. PMID: 1358051.
- • Jackwood et al. 1991. Avian Dis. 35(3):496-504. PMID: 1953575.