- Name Peter Riddle
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
- Tool name: CMT 64 Cell Line
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Mouse
- Tissue: Lung
- Cancer type: Lung carcinoma; Metastatic
- Disease: Cancer
- Growth properties: Tumorigenesis
- Model: Tumour line
- Description: The tumourigenic and metastatic CMT 64 murine cell line is an in vivo mouse tumourigenesis system to study the growth characteristics and metastasis of mouse tumour lines (homoplastic with stable CMT 167 line); it demonstrates stable growth characteristics and morphology in culture and in lung metastasis induced after subcutaneous inoculation of mice.
- Research area: Cancer; Drug Discovery & Development
- Production details: Mouse; CMT 64 isolated from primary alveogenic lung carcinoma tumour mass in C57BL/lcrf mouse, achieving stable morphology and growth rate in culture, similar to growth rate and morphology in primary tumour, and in lung metastasis induced after subcutaneous innoculation of mice.
- Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_2406
- For Research Use Only
- • Mesenchymal stem cell carriers enhance antitumor efficacy of oncolytic adenoviruses in an immunocompetent mouse model.
- • Rinc
n et al. 2017. Oncotarget. :. PMID: 28525366.
- • Franks et al. 1976. Cancer Res. 36(3):1049-55. PMID: 1253168.
- • Metastasizing tumors from serum-supplemented and serum-free cell lines from a C57BL mouse lung tumor.