CMT 167 Cell Line
- Name Peter Riddle
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: CMT 167 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Primary
Parental cell line:
Cancer type: Lung carcinoma
Description: Highly metastatic murine alveogenic lung carcinoma cell line, derived from cell line CMT64, used to study the origins and causes of metastasis.
Background and Research Application
CMT167 was created in 1984 at Cancer research UK London Research Institute: Lincolns Inn Fields as a cell line with increased metastatic capabilities (selected from pooled lung metastases) from the CMT64 cell line. CMT 167 was isolated by subcloning and in vivo screening for high metastatic potential. CMT167 is a cell line of higher metastatic potential in comparison to CMT64
CMT 167 is an epithelial cell line, with closely packed sheets at confluence. It has an adherent culture type.
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
- For Research Use Only
- • Tippimanchai et al. 2018. Oncoimmunology. 7(6):e1438105. PMID: 29872579.
- • Seshadri et al. 2018. Front Pharmacol. 9:759. PMID: 30061830.
- • Pelaz et al. 2017. ACS Nano. 11(3):2313-2381. PMID: 28290206.
- • Ismail et al. 2000. Cancer Res. 60(5):1173-6. PMID: 10728668.
- • Layton et al. 1984. Br J Cancer. 49(4):415-21. PMID: 6324836.
- • Heterogeneity in a spontaneous mouse lung carcinoma: selection and characterisation of stable metastatic variants.
- • Franks et al. 1976. Cancer Res. 36(3):1049-55. PMID: 1253168.
- • Metastasizing tumors from serum-supplemented and serum-free cell lines from a C57BL mouse lung tumor.