JIM1 Cell Line
- Name M.S. Hamilton
- Institute University of Birmingham
Tool name: JIM1 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Primary
Cancer type: Human multiple myeloma
Growth properties: Suspension
Model: Tumour line
Description: JIM1 was established from plasma myeloma cells derived from pleural fluid of an advanced multiple myeloma patient, and is homoplastic with the cell line JIM3. It allows in vitro study and comparison of genetic instability in myeloma tumour lines and in vitro study of the effects of DNA repair deficiency in myeloma tumour lines. JIM1 shows typical plasma cell phenotype (CD38, PCA-1 8A and CD24 positive), deficient in DNA repair.
Research area: Cancer; DNA Damage and Repair; Drug Discovery & Development
Production details: Derived from plasma myeloma cells from pleural fluid of advanced multiple myeloma female patient.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_2532
Additional notes: STR profiling showed that this cell line is of female origin
- For Research Use Only
- • Brito et al. 2009. Haematologica. 94(1):78-86. PMID: 19059936.
- • MMSET deregulation affects cell cycle progression and adhesion regulons in t(4
- • 14) myeloma plasma cells.
- • Leone et al. 2008. Clin Cancer Res. 14(19):6033-41. PMID: 18829482.
- • Deletions of CDKN2C in multiple myeloma: biological and clinical implications.
- • Velangi et al. 2004. Carcinogenesis. 25(10):1795-803. PMID: 15142887.
- • DNA mismatch repair pathway defects in the pathogenesis and evolution of myeloma.
- • Hamilton et al. 1991. Leukemia. 5(9):768-71. PMID: 1943229.
- • Normal and neoplastic human plasma cells express bcl-2 antigen.