1-7 CE1 Cell Line
- Name Joyce Taylor-Papadimitriou ; Joy Burchell
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: 1-7 CE1 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: MSTV1-7 HER2
Cancer type: Breast cancer
Description: The human mammary luminal epithelial cell line MTSV1-7 was transfected with an ERBB2 expression vector, enabling over-expression of the ERBB2 proto-oncogene. It allows in vitro study of ERBB2 proto-oncogene over-expression in human mammary epithelia adn of the effects of ERBB2 over-expression on epithelial morphology & adhesion. The over-expression of the ERBB2 receptor inhibits morphogenesis in vitro, and induces reduced expression of surface adhesion molecules as E-Cadherin and a2 integrin, suggesting a role for ERBB2 over-expression in tumour progression and metastasis.
Research area: Cell biology; Cancer; Cell signaling and signal transduction; Drug development
Production details: MTSV1-7 transfected with SV40 plasmid DNA; MTSV1-7 ce1 line transfected with plasmid constructs for pSV2-erbB2 and pSV2neo.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_3033
- For Research Use Only
- • D'souza et al. 1994. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 91(15):7202-6. PMID: 7913748.
- • Overexpression of ERBB2 in human mammary epithelial cells signals inhibition of transcription of the E-cadherin gene.
- • D'Souza et al. 1993. Oncogene. 8(7):1797-806. PMID: 8099725.
- • Collagen-induced morphogenesis and expression of the alpha 2-integrin subunit is inhibited in c-erbB2-transfected human mammary epithelial cells.
- • Bartek et al. 1991. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 88(9):3520-4. PMID: 1708884.
- • Efficient immortalization of luminal epithelial cells from human mammary gland by introduction of simian virus 40 large tumor antigen with a recombinant retrovirus.