FLYA-13 Cell Line
- Name Mary Collins
- Institute The Institute of Cancer Research London
Tool name: FLYA-13 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: HT 1080
Cancer type: Fibrosarcoma
Description: The FLYA-13 Cell Line is a packaging cell line enabling production of high-titer, human complement-resistant recombinant retroviruses, with significantly reduced probability of replication-competent retrovirus generation. HT 1080-based packaging cell line enabling production of recombinant retroviral vectors with Moloney murine leukemia virus cores and amphotropic murine leukemia virus envelopes. The vectors demonstrate high resistance to the inhibitory effects of human serum/complement, increasing penetration of the vector, and making the system ideal for in vivo gene transfer.
Research area: Cancer ; Gene Expression ; Genetic Studies Tools
- For Research Use Only
- • Cosset et al. 1995. J Virol. 69(12):7430-6. PMID: 7494248.
- • High-titer packaging cells producing recombinant retroviruses resistant to human serum.
- • Takeuchi et al. 1994. J Virol. 68(12):8001-7. PMID: 7966590.
- • Type C retrovirus inactivation by human complement is determined by both the viral genome and the producer cell.