MEF PKCe KO KI Cell Line
- Name Peter Parker
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: MEF PKCe KO KI Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Disease: Cancer; Heart disease
Growth properties: Normal phenotype
Description: MEF PKCe KO KI Cell Line is a clonal MEF line derived from PKCepsilon knock-out embryos subsequently transfected to re-express PKCe through stable transfection with pcDNA3 CMV/IE hygo+ PKCe. Matched isogenic cell line which is null for PKCe is also available. Useful for studying the role of PKCe in various biological processes
Research area: Cancer; Cell biology; Cell signaling and signal transduction
Production details: MEFs were derived from PKCe knockout embryos. Polyclonal PKCeKO cells were transfected with pcDNA3 CMV/IE hygro+ PKCe vector using calcium phosphate. Clonal stable cell lines were selected using limiting dilution. The vector was contructed by replacing the promoter region in pCMV hygro+ with a 2.1kb CMV/IE promoter derived from p63d. Mouse cDNA encoding full-length PKCe (3.3kb fragment) was ligated to the modified pcDNA3 CMV/IE hygro+ vector.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_AS82
- For Research Use Only
- • Cited by 24 subsequent publications including:
- • Ivaska, J. et al. 2002. EMBO J. 21:3608-19.PMID: 12110574
- • Kermorgant, S. et al. 2004. EMBO J. 23: 3721:34. PMID 15385963
- • Pardo et al. 2006. EMBO J. 25(13):3078-88. PMID: 16810323.
- • FGF-2 protects small cell lung cancer cells from apoptosis through a complex involving PKCepsilon, B-Raf and S6K2.