MEF PKCe KO Cell Line
- Name Peter Parker
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: MEF PKCe KO Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Parental cell line:
Disease: Cancer, heart disease
Description: The MEF PKCe KO Cell Line is useful for studying the role of PKCe in various biological processes. Clonal MEFs have been derived from PKCepsilon knock-out embryos and subsequently stably transfected with empty pcDNA3 CMV/IE hygo+. Matched isogenic cell line with PKCe re-expressed is also available. Cells have reduced migratory capacity compared to their PKCe-expressing counterparts. Cells were used to demonstrate a role for PKCe in controlling the traffic of beta1 integrins in motile cells
Research area: Cancer ; Adhesion ; Cell Signaling & Signal Transduction ; Cell Structure and Motility
- For Research Use Only
- • Cited by 24 subsequent publications including:
- • Ivaska, J. et al. 2002. EMBO J. 21:3608-19.PMID: 12110574
- • Kermorgant, S. et al. 2004. EMBO J. 23: 3721:34. PMID 15385963
- • Pardo et al. 2006. EMBO J. 25(13):3078-88. PMID: 16810323.
- • FGF-2 protects small cell lung cancer cells from apoptosis through a complex involving PKCepsilon, B-Raf and S6K2.