PEO14 Cell Line
- Name Simon Langdon
- Institute Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre
Tool name: PEO14 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Parental cell line:
Cancer type: Adenocarcinoma
Description: The PEO14 cell line is one of nine from the PE ovarian adenocarcinoma panel (derived from 4 patients at varying stages of ovarian cancer, isolated from various malignant sites, and at various treatment stages) which provides a model system for research into the mechanism of oestrogen action on ovarian adenocarcinoma tumour cells, and for the study of efficacy and toxicity of oestrogen protagonists. PEO14 is an adherent cell line derived from a malignant effusion from the peritoneal ascites of a patient with a well differentiated serous adenocarcinoma. PEO14 was collected prior to treatment. PEO14 exhibits poor growth in semi-solid medium (agar). PEO14 is from the same patient as PEO16
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
- For Research Use Only
- • Langdon et al. 1990. Br J Cancer. 62(2):213-6. PMID: 2386737.
- • Oestrogen receptor expression and the effects of oestrogen and tamoxifen on the growth of human ovarian carcinoma cell lines.
- • Degos et al. 1979. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 3(10):735-9. PMID: 316786.
- • [The natural history of gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with alcoholic cirrhosis. Definition of a subgroup of patients with high risk of bleeding recurrence (author's transl)]