- Name Simon Langdon
- Institute Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre
- Tool name: PEO23 Cell Line
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Ovary
- Cancer type: Adenocarcinoma
- Disease: Cancer
- Growth properties: Adherent
- Model: Tumour line
- Conditional: Yes
- Description: The PEO23 cell line is one of nine from the PE ovarian adenocarcinoma panel (derived from 4 patients at varying stages of ovarian cancer, isolated from various malignant sites, and at various treatment stages)which provides a model system for research into the mechanism of oestrogen action on ovarian adenocarcinoma tumour cells, and for the study of efficacy and toxicity of oestrogen protagonists. PEO23 is an adherent cell line derived from a malignant effusion from the peritoneal ascites of a patient with a well differentiated serous adenocarcinoma. PEO23 was collected on relapse after cisplatin and chlorambucil treatment. PEO23 exhibits poor growth in semi-solid medium (agar). PEO23 is from the same patient asTO14 cell lines.
- Research area: Cancer; Drug Discovery & Development
- Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_2689
- For Research Use Only
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: Split sub-confluent cultures (70-80%) 1:4 to 1:10 seeding at 2- 3 x 104 cells/cm2 using 0.25% trypsin or trypsin/EDTA; 5% CO2; 37Â°C. Doubling time approximately 120 hours. RPMI-1640 + 2mM Glutamine + 2mM Sodium Pyruvate + 10% Foetal Bovine Serum.
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- • Langdon et al. 1990. Br J Cancer. 62(2):213-6. PMID: 2386737.
- • Oestrogen receptor expression and the effects of oestrogen and tamoxifen on the growth of human ovarian carcinoma cell lines.
- • Degos et al. 1979. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 3(10):735-9. PMID: 316786.
- • [The natural history of gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with alcoholic cirrhosis. Definition of a subgroup of patients with high risk of bleeding recurrence (author's transl)]