PEA2 Cell Line
- Name Simon Langdon
- Institute Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre
Tool name: PEA2 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Parental cell line:
Cancer type: Adenocarcinoma
Description: The PEA2 cell line is one of nine from the PE ovarian adenocarcinoma panel (derived from 4 patients at varying stages of ovarian cancer, isolated from various malignant sites, and at various treatment stages) which provides a model system for research into the mechanism of oestrogen action on ovarian adenocarcinoma tumour cells, and for the study of efficacy and toxicity of oestrogen protagonists. PEA2 is an adherent cell line derived from a malignant effusion from the peritoneal ascites of a patient with a poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma. PEA2 was collected on relapse after treatment with cisplatin and prednimustine. PEA2 exhibits poor growth in semi-solid medium (agar). PEA2 is from the same patient as the PEA1 cell line
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
- For Research Use Only
- • Matassa et al. 2016. Cell Death Differ. :. PMID: 27206315.
- • Oxidative metabolism drives inflammation-induced platinum resistance in human ovarian cancer.
- • Beaufort et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9(9):e103988. PMID: 25230021.
- • Ovarian cancer cell line panel (OCCP): clinical importance of in vitro morphological subtypes.
- • Langdon et al. 1990. Br J Cancer. 62(2):213-6. PMID: 2386737.
- • Oestrogen receptor expression and the effects of oestrogen and tamoxifen on the growth of human ovarian carcinoma cell lines.
- • Langdon et al. 1988. Cancer Res. 48(21):6166-72. PMID: 3167863.
- • Characterization and properties of nine human ovarian adenocarcinoma cell lines.