MEF ULK1/2 WT (SIM) Cell Line
- Name Sharon Tooze
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: MEF ULK1/2 WT (SIM) Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Disease: Cancer; Neurodegeneration
Growth properties: Autophagy
Description: The MEF ULK1/2 WT (SIM) cell line can be used as a wild-type control with ULK1 and ULK2 KO MEF cell lines and is useful for studying ULK1-and ULK-2 dependent processes, including autophagy. Mouse embryonic fibroblasts derived from a wild-type littermate to the ULK1 KO and immortalized by serial passaging (spontaneous transformation).
Research area: Cancer; Apoptosis and autophagy; Cell signaling and signal transduction; Metabolism; Neurobiology
Production details: Cells were derived from mouse embryos at E13.5. Embryos were decapitated and eviscerated and the remaining tissues were dissociated to obtain MEFs. This cell line is a primary cell line immortalized by SIM.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_5A50
- For Research Use Only
- • McAlpine et al. 2013. Autophagy. 9(3):361-73. PMID: 23291478.
- • Regulation of nutrient-sensitive autophagy by uncoordinated 51-like kinases 1 and 2.
- • Chan et al. 2009. Mol Cell Biol. 29(1):157-71. PMID: 18936157.
- • Kinase-inactivated ULK proteins inhibit autophagy via their conserved C-terminal domains using an Atg13-independent mechanism.