MEF ULK1 KO (SIM) Cell Line
- Name Sharon Tooze
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: MEF ULK1 KO (SIM) Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Disease: Cancer; Neurodegeneration; Infectious disease
Growth properties: Autophagy, fibroblast
Description: The MEF ULK1 KO (SIM) cell line can be used to study ULK1-dependent processes, including autophagy. A more complete phenotype requires depletion of ULK2 by RNAi . Mouse embryonic fibroblasts derived from a ULK1 homozygous knock out mouse embryo and immortalized by serial passaging (spontaneous transformation).
Research area: Cancer; Apoptosis and autophagy; Cell signaling and signal transduction; Metabolism; Neurobiology
Production details: Primary embryonic fibroblasts were isolated from the embryos of a pregnant female Ulk1-/- mouse at day 13p.c. The MEFs were immortalised by SIM using a standard serial passaging protocol.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_5A52
- For Research Use Only
- • McAlpine et al. 2013. Autophagy. 9(3):361-73. PMID: 23291478.
- • Regulation of nutrient-sensitive autophagy by uncoordinated 51-like kinases 1 and 2.
- • Chan et al. 2009. Mol Cell Biol. 29(1):157-71. PMID: 18936157.
- • Kinase-inactivated ULK proteins inhibit autophagy via their conserved C-terminal domains using an Atg13-independent mechanism.