- Name Walter Bodmer
- Institute University of Oxford
- Tool name: C84 Colorectal adenocarcinoma Cell Line
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Colon
- Model: Tumour line
- Conditional: Yes
- Description: The C84 cell line was established from a 67-year old male patient with a poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the caecum classified as Dukes' stage C.
- Research area: Cancer; Drug Discovery & Development
- Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_5250
- For Research Use Only
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: Split sub-confluent cultures (70-80%) 1:3 to 1:6 i.e. seeding at 2-4x10,000 cells/cmË using 0.05% trypsin or trypsin/EDTA; 5% CO2; 37Â°C. Culture medium: Iscove's Modified Dulbecco's Medium, + 10% Foetal Bovine Serum (FBS) + 2 mM Glutamine
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- • Browning et al. 1993. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 90(7):2842-5. PMID: 8464898.
- • Tissue typing the HLA-A locus from genomic DNA by sequence-specific PCR: comparison of HLA genotype and surface expression on colorectal tumor cell lines.