T47D-182R2 Cell Line
- Name Anne Lykkesfeldt
- Institute Danish Cancer Society
Tool name: T47D-182R2 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: T47D
Cancer type: Breast cancer
Model: Tumour line
Description: The T47D-182R2 Cell Line is a breast cancer cell line resistant to fulvestrant. Treatment with the steroidal antiestrogen fulvestrant has proven effective upon progression on tamoxifen therapy and is now approved for second-line treatment after tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors. As for tamoxifen treatment of advanced breast cancer, resistance will inevitably occur also for fulvestrant. Clarification of the molecular changes associated with the resistant growth is needed to find targeted treatments to resistant tumour cells and treatments that can inhibit or delay the emergence of resistance.
Research area: Cancer; Drug development
Production details: Human breast cancer cell line derived from T47D/S5 by long term treatment with 100 nM fulvestrant. Grow with 5% feal calf serum and 100 nM fulvestrant. Estrogen and progesterone receptor negative.
Passage 165 (AL3370, AL3384)
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_1D35
- For Research Use Only
- • Larsen et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10(2):e0118346. PMID: 25706943.
- • Larsen et al. 2015. BMC Cancer. 15:239. PMID: 25885472.
- • Aurora kinase B is important for antiestrogen resistant cell growth and a potential biomarker for tamoxifen resistant breast cancer.
- • SRC drives growth of antiestrogen resistant breast cancer cell lines and is a marker for reduced benefit of tamoxifen treatment.
- • Kirkegaard et al. 2014. Cancer Lett. 344(1):90-100. PMID: 24513268.
- • T47D breast cancer cells switch from ER/HER to HER/c-Src signaling upon acquiring resistance to the antiestrogen fulvestrant.