T47D/S2 Cell Line
- Name Anne Lykkesfeldt
- Institute Danish Cancer Society
Tool name: T47D/S2 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: T47D
Cancer type: Breast carcinoma
Model: Tumour line
Description: The T47D/S2 Cell line is the control cell line for the tamoxifen resistant T47D/TR-1 and T47D/TR-2 lines. Antiestrogen resistance is a major problem in breast cancer treatment. Therefore, the search for new therapeutic targets and biomarkers for antiestrogen resistance is crucial. This cell line allows the study of the mechanisms involved in tamoxifen resistant breast cancer cell growth. This is the control cell line for the tamoxifen resistant T47D/TR-1 and T47D/TR-2. T47DS2 cells express ER alpha and progesterone receptor.
Passage 151 (AL3707, AL3708)
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
Production details: T47D/S2 cells have been established by reduction of the serum concentration to 2% fetal calf serum, in order to enable growth inhibition with tamoxifen.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_1D45
- For Research Use Only
- • Larsen et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10(2):e0118346. PMID: 25706943.
- • Larsen et al. 2015. BMC Cancer. 15:239. PMID: 25885472.
- • Aurora kinase B is important for antiestrogen resistant cell growth and a potential biomarker for tamoxifen resistant breast cancer.
- • SRC drives growth of antiestrogen resistant breast cancer cell lines and is a marker for reduced benefit of tamoxifen treatment.
- • Thrane et al. 2014. Oncogene. :. PMID: 25362855.
- • A kinase inhibitor screen identifies Mcl-1 and Aurora kinase A as novel treatment targets in antiestrogen-resistant breast cancer cells.