T47D/TR-2 Cell Line
- Name Anne Lykkesfeldt
- Institute Danish Cancer Society
Tool name: T47D/TR-2 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: T47D/S2
Cancer type: Breast carcinoma, tamoxifen-resistant
Application: T47D/TR-2 cells are ER alpha positive and express progesterone receptor, although at reduced level compared to parental T7D/S2 cells.
Description: The T47D/TR-2 Cell line is a breast cancer cell line resistant to tamoxifen. Antiestrogen resistance is a major problem in breast cancer treatment. Therefore, the search for new therapeutic targets and biomarkers for antiestrogen resistance is crucial. This cell line allows the study of the mechanisms involved in tamoxifen resistant breast cancer cell growth.
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
- For Research Use Only
- • Larsen et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10(2):e0118346. PMID: 25706943.
- • Larsen et al. 2015. BMC Cancer. 15:239. PMID: 25885472.
- • Aurora kinase B is important for antiestrogen resistant cell growth and a potential biomarker for tamoxifen resistant breast cancer.
- • SRC drives growth of antiestrogen resistant breast cancer cell lines and is a marker for reduced benefit of tamoxifen treatment.
- • Thrane et al. 2014. Oncogene. :. PMID: 25362855.
- • A kinase inhibitor screen identifies Mcl-1 and Aurora kinase A as novel treatment targets in antiestrogen-resistant breast cancer cells.