- Name Sharon Tooze
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
- Tool name: MEF ULK2 KO (SV40) Cell Line
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Mouse
- Tissue: Embryo
- Disease: Cancer; Neurodegeneration; Infectious disease
- Growth properties: Fibroblast
- Model: Knock-Out
- Description: The MEF ULK2 KO (SV40) cell line provides a tool for the study of Ulk2 and of Autophagy and has a comparable genetic background to MEF Ulk1 Ulk2 DKO and MEF Ulk1 KO cell lines. This cell line is derived from an embryo with a mixed genetic background (Blk6/129B Agouti) and immortalized with SV40 large T-antigen.
- Research area: Cancer; Apoptosis and Programmed Cell Death; Cell Signaling & Signal Transduction; Metabolism; Neurobiology
- Production details: Primary embryonic fibroblasts were isolated from the embryos of a pregnant female mouse at day 13p.c. The embryos were genotyped to identify those that were Ulk1 +/+ Ulk2 -/- and the MEFs that were isolated and cultured were immortalised SV40 using a standard serial passaging protocol.
- Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_5A55
- For Research Use Only
- • McAlpine et al. 2013. Autophagy. 9(3):361-73. PMID: 23291478.
- • Regulation of nutrient-sensitive autophagy by uncoordinated 51-like kinases 1 and 2.