A2780ADR Cell Line
- Name Timothy Ward
- Institute National Institutes of Health
Tool name: A2780ADR Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: A2780
Cancer type: Carcinoma
Description: The adriamycin-resistant cell line A2780ADR has been developed by exposure of the parent A2780 cell line (catalogue no. 152706) to adriamycin. A2780ADR is cross-resistant to melphalan and vinblastine. To retain resistance adriamycin has to be added to the media. The cells grow as a monolayer and in suspension in spinner cultures and are tumourigenic in immune deficient mice. Together with the cisplatin-resistant variant A2780cis (catalogue no. 152708_ these lines only differ in their exposure to a single drug and should facilitate the search for molecular changes responsible for the expression of pleiotropic drug resistance in human ovarian cancer.
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
- For Research Use Only
- • Beaufort et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9(9):e103988. PMID: 25230021.
- • Ovarian cancer cell line panel (OCCP): clinical importance of in vitro morphological subtypes.
- • Hamilton et al. 1984. Semin Oncol. 11(3):285-98. PMID: 6385258.
- • Experimental model systems of ovarian cancer: applications to the design and evaluation of new treatment approaches.