- Name Peter Riddle
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
- Tool name: CMT 64/61 Cell Line
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Mouse
- Tissue: Lung
- Cancer type: Lung carcinoma; Metastatic
- Disease: Cancer
- Growth properties: Tumorigenesis, adherent
- Model: Tumour line
- Conditional: Yes
- Description: The tumourigenic and metastatic CMT 64/61 murine cell line is derived from an alveologenic lung carcinoma of a C57BL/1CRF mouse. It can be maintained in a completely defined serum free medium, but the growth rate is much slower than in supplemented serum. It has been used in studies of lung metastases.
- Research area: Cancer; Drug Discovery & Development
- Production details: Mouse; CMT 64 isolated from primary alveogenic lung carcinoma tumour mass in C57BL/lcrf mouse, achieving stable morphology and growth rate in culture, similar to growth rate and morphology in primary tumour, and in lung metastasis induced after subcutaneous innoculation of mice.
- Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_4146
- For Research Use Only
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: Split sub-confluent cultures (70-80%) 1:3 to 1:6 i.e. seeding at 2-4x10,000 cells/cmË using 0.25% trypsin or trypsin/EDTA; 5% CO2; 37Â°C. Culture Medium: Waymouth's MB 752/1 + 2mM Glutamine + 10% Foetal Bovine Serum (FBS).
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- • Franks et al. 1976. Cancer Res. 36(3):1049-55. PMID: 1253168.
- • Metastasizing tumors from serum-supplemented and serum-free cell lines from a C57BL mouse lung tumor.