CHO ICAM-1Fc Cell Line
- Name Nancy Hogg
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: CHO ICAM-1Fc Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO)
Description: CHO ICAM-1Fc cells secrete a dimeric human ICAM-1Fc protein. ICAM-1 (CD54) is a major ligand for leukocyte CD11/CD18 integrins and used in adhesion assays to evaluate integrin activity.
Research area: Cell biology; Immunology
Production details: The chimeric wild-type ICAM-1Fc protein consists of the five extracellular domains of ICAM-1 joined to the hinge, CH2 and CH3 domains of IgG1. CHO cells were transfected using DEAE-dextran and the secreted proteins were collected in serum-free medium for 4 days. The proteins were purified on a Protein AÄË?Â?ÂSepharose affinity column using standard methods.
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_AS85
- For Research Use Only
- • Stanley et al. 2008. EMBO J. 27(1):62-75. PMID: 18079697.
- • Intermediate-affinity LFA-1 binds alpha-actinin-1 to control migration at the leading edge of the T cell.
- • Smith et al. 2005. J Cell Biol. 170(1):141-51. PMID: 15983060.
- • A talin-dependent LFA-1 focal zone is formed by rapidly migrating T lymphocytes.
- • Smith et al. 2003. J Cell Sci. 116(Pt 15):3123-33. PMID: 12799414.
- • LFA-1-induced T cell migration on ICAM-1 involves regulation of MLCK-mediated attachment and ROCK-dependent detachment.
- • Stanley et al. 2000. Biochem J. 351(Pt 1):79-86. PMID: 10998349.
- • The second domain of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) maintains the structural integrity of the leucocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) ligand-binding site in the first domain.
- • Stanley et al. 1998. J Biol Chem. 273(6):3358-62. PMID: 9452454.
- • The I domain of integrin LFA-1 interacts with ICAM-1 domain 1 at residue Glu-34 but not Gln-73.