- Name Paul Harrison
- Institute Cancer Research UK, Glasgow: The Beatson Institute
- Tool name: D34 Cell Line
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Tongue
- Cancer type: Dysplasia; Leukoplakia
- Disease: Cancer
- Model: Tumour line
- Conditional: No
- Description: D34 Cell Line is derived from a leukoplakia biopsy. The cell line was notable in its proliferative capacity, considered immortal after having completed more than 100 PDs (population doublings ) when maintained on a feeder layer of irradiated 3T3 fibroblasts. D34 was categorised as having a moderate dysplasia pathology.
- Research area: Cancer; Drug Discovery & Development
- Production details: Biopsies were trypsinized and cultured until a growing population of cells was obtained in a 9-cm plate and then passaged once to give a stock culture that was frozen. All cells were maintained on irradiated 3T3 feeders, in 10H medium. The 3T3 feeder layer was removed by treatment with 0.02% EDTA prior to RNA and protein extraction.
- Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_HF98
- For Research Use Only
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: As per Cancer Res. 1997 Sep 15;57(18):3886-9. All cells were maintained on irradiated 3T3 feeders, in 10H medium (DMEM plus 10% FCS without added growth factors except hydrocortisone).
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- • McGregor et al. 2002. Cancer Res. 62(16):4757-66. PMID: 12183435.
- • Molecular changes associated with oral dysplasia progression and acquisition of immortality: potential for its reversal by 5-azacytidine.