HeLa mCherry-Histone H2B EGFP-Alpha Tubulin Cell Line
- Name Francis Barr
- Institute University of Liverpool
Tool name: HeLa mCherry-Histone H2B EGFP-Alpha Tubulin Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Continuous
Parental cell line: HeLa
Description: The human histone H2B gene was fused to the gene encoding mCherry and Alpha Tubulin was similarly fused to EGFP. Both constructs were transfected into human HeLa cells to generate a stable line constitutively expressing H2B-mCherry and EGFP-Alpha Tubulin. The mCherry-Histone H2B fusion protein was incorporated into nucleosomes without affecting cell cycle progression. The cell line allows high-resolution imaging of both mitotic chromosomes and interphase chromatin.
Research area: Cell biology; Genetics
- For Research Use Only
- • Dunsch et al. 2012. J Cell Biol. 198(6):1039-54. PMID: 22965910.
- • Dynein light chain 1 and a spindle-associated adaptor promote dynein asymmetry and spindle orientation.
- • Zeng et al. 2010. J Cell Biol. 191(7):1315-32. PMID: 21187329.
- • Protein phosphatase 6 regulates mitotic spindle formation by controlling the T-loop phosphorylation state of Aurora A bound to its activator TPX2.
- • Bastos et al. 2010. J Cell Biol. 191(4):751-60. PMID: 21079244.
- • Plk1 negatively regulates Cep55 recruitment to the midbody to ensure orderly abscission.