DOK Cell Line
- Name Sidney Chang
- Institute Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tool name: DOK Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Parental cell line:
Cancer type: Human Caucasian dysplastic oral keratinocyte
Description: The degree of dysplasia in the patient was described as mild to moderate. The cells show some stratification in confluent cultures and contain a keratin profile similar to the original dysplasia. Growth is stimulated by hydrocortisone and inhibited by cholera toxin. Expression of p53 is increased and a 12 bp in-frame deletion of the p53 gene (codon 188-191) could be identified. DOK cells are non-tumourigenic in athymic nude mice.
Research area: Cancer ; Drug Discovery & Development
- For Research Use Only
- • Burns et al. 1994. Br J Cancer. 70(4):591-5. PMID: 7917902.
- • The p53 status of cultured human premalignant oral keratinocytes.
- • Chang et al. 1992. Int J Cancer. 52(6):896-902. PMID: 1459732.
- • DOK, a cell line established from human dysplastic oral mucosa, shows a partially transformed non-malignant phenotype.