H103 Cell Line
- Name Stephen Prime
- Institute University of Bristol
Tool name: H103 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Growth properties: Adherent
Model: Tumour line
Description: Established from a small squamous cell carcinoma (SSC) of the tongue (<20mm in size) of a 32 year-old male patient. STNMP stage 1, well differentiated, node negative tumour. Aneuploid- dual G-/G1 peak on cell cycle analysis by flow cytometry. Mutant p53, codon 244 exon 7; G to T; wild type K-, N- and Ha-ras. Tumourigenic in athymic nude mice, both by subcutaneous injection and injection into the floor of the mouth. By short tandem repeat (STR)-PCR analysis the Y chromosome could not be detected in this cell line when tested at ECACC. It is a known phenomenon that SSC cell lines can lose their Y chromosome.
Research area: Cancer
Cellosaurus ID: CVCL_2457
- For Research Use Only
- • Yeudall et al. 1995. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 31B(2):136-43. PMID: 7633286.
- • Presence of human papillomavirus sequences in tumour-derived human oral keratinocytes expressing mutant p53.
- • Prime et al. 1994. Int J Cancer. 56(3):406-12. PMID: 7508893.
- • TGF-beta receptor regulation mediates the response to exogenous ligand but is independent of the degree of cellular differentiation in human oral keratinocytes.
- • Prime et al. 1994. Br J Cancer. 69(1):8-15. PMID: 8286215.
- • Epidermal growth factor and transforming growth factor alpha characteristics of human oral carcinoma cell lines.
- • Yeudall et al. 1993. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 29B(1):63-7. PMID: 8180579.
- • Ras gene point mutation is a rare event in premalignant tissues and malignant cells and tissues from oral mucosal lesions.
- • Prime et al. 1990. J Pathol. 160(3):259-69. PMID: 1692339.
- • The behaviour of human oral squamous cell carcinoma in cell culture.