H357 Cell Line
- Name Stephen Prime
- Institute University of Bristol
Tool name: H357 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Parental cell line:
Description: Established from a squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the tongue (20mm) of a 74 year-old male patient. STNMP stage I, well differentiated, node negative tumour. Mutant p53, codon 110 exon 4, G to A; the previously reported mutant Ha-ras status of this cell line: codon: 13, G to A, codon 61, A-G is under investigation. This cell line is highly responsive to TGF beta and undergoes epithelial to mesenchymal transition. It expresses high levels of TGF beta1. Fahey et al (1996). Tumourigenic in athymic nude mice on subcutaneous injection and non-tumorigenic on orthotopic injection. Haplotype information: A*02,A*31; B*40,B*44; Cw*03,Cw*05
Research area: Cancer
- For Research Use Only
- • Fahey et al. 1996. Br J Cancer. 74(7):1074-80. PMID: 8855977.
- • Dysregulation of autocrine TGF-beta isoform production and ligand responses in human tumour-derived and Ha-ras-transfected keratinocytes and fibroblasts.
- • Yeudall et al. 1995. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 31B(2):136-43. PMID: 7633286.
- • Presence of human papillomavirus sequences in tumour-derived human oral keratinocytes expressing mutant p53.
- • Prime et al. 1994. Int J Cancer. 56(3):406-12. PMID: 7508893.
- • TGF-beta receptor regulation mediates the response to exogenous ligand but is independent of the degree of cellular differentiation in human oral keratinocytes.
- • Prime et al. 1994. Br J Cancer. 69(1):8-15. PMID: 8286215.
- • Epidermal growth factor and transforming growth factor alpha characteristics of human oral carcinoma cell lines.
- • Yeudall et al. 1993. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 29B(1):63-7. PMID: 8180579.
- • Ras gene point mutation is a rare event in premalignant tissues and malignant cells and tissues from oral mucosal lesions.
- • Prime et al. 1990. J Pathol. 160(3):259-69. PMID: 1692339.
- • The behaviour of human oral squamous cell carcinoma in cell culture.