H376 Cell Line
- Name Stephen Prime
- Institute University of Bristol
Tool name: H376 Cell Line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Parental cell line:
Tissue: Oral Cavity
Description: Established from a squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the floor of the mouth (20mm-40mm) of a 40 year-old female patient. STNMP stage III, well differentiated, node positive tumour. Mutant p53, codon 266 exon 8, G to T; wild type K-, N-, and Ha-ras. This cell line is highly responsive to TGFbeta. H376 cells in culture scatter, i.e. the cells redistribute on the substrate, in response to Hepatocyte Growth Factor. Non-tumourigenic in athymic nude mice by subcutaneous injection and on injection into the floor of the mouth (orthotopic). Haplotype information: A*03,A*24; B*27,B*35; Cw*04,Cw*12
Research area: Cancer
- For Research Use Only
- • Yeudall et al. 1995. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 31B(2):136-43. PMID: 7633286.
- • Presence of human papillomavirus sequences in tumour-derived human oral keratinocytes expressing mutant p53.
- • Prime et al. 1994. Int J Cancer. 56(3):406-12. PMID: 7508893.
- • TGF-beta receptor regulation mediates the response to exogenous ligand but is independent of the degree of cellular differentiation in human oral keratinocytes.
- • Prime et al. 1994. Br J Cancer. 69(1):8-15. PMID: 8286215.
- • Epidermal growth factor and transforming growth factor alpha characteristics of human oral carcinoma cell lines.
- • Yeudall et al. 1993. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 29B(1):63-7. PMID: 8180579.
- • Ras gene point mutation is a rare event in premalignant tissues and malignant cells and tissues from oral mucosal lesions.
- • Prime et al. 1990. J Pathol. 160(3):259-69. PMID: 1692339.
- • The behaviour of human oral squamous cell carcinoma in cell culture.