- Name Irene Leigh
- Institute Queen Mary University of London
- Tool name: T10 SCC Cell Line
- Alternate names: SCC, Squamous cell carcinoma, T1
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Skin
- Cancer type: Skin; Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Disease: Cancer
- Model: Tumour line
- Description: The SCC series represent primary, recurrent and metastatic carcinoma. Availability of such a series from the same individual will facilitate genetic analysis of the malignant process.
- Research area: Cancer
- Production details: Cutaneous SCC cell line from 60 year old male. Moderately defined primary tumour from the left shin with germline DNA from lymphocytes. Patient had a renal transplant and was treated with Azathioprine (A), Mycophenolate mofetil (MMF), Cyclosporine and Prednisolone. At time of lesional biopsy the patient had stopped receiving treatment of A and MMF.
- For Research Use Only
- Target: Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: Keratinocyte medium: 3:1 V/V mixture of DMEM and Ham’s F12 supplemented with 10% FBS + and a cocktail of mitogens (0.4 μg/mL hydrocortisone, 1x10-8M or cholera toxin, 5 μg/mL transferrin, 2 x 10–11 M liothyronine 13 ng/ml, 5 μg/mL insulin, 10 ng/mL epidermal growth factor (EGF)
- Storage conditions: Liquid Nitrogen
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- Mycoplasma free: Yes
- Biosafety level: 1
- • Inman et al. 2018. Nat Commun. 9(1):3667. PMID: 30202019.
- • The genomic landscape of cutaneous SCC reveals drivers and a novel azathioprine associated mutational signature.