- Name Sarah-Maria Fendt
- Institute Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie (VIB)
- Tool name: MCF10A hRas_V12 cell line
- Alternate names: transforming protein p21, h-Ras, HRAS
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Tool sub-type: Continuous
- Parental cell line: MCF10A
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Breast
- Disease: Cancer
- Model: Cancer Model
- Conditional: No
- Description: MCF10A cells are frequently used to study signalling pathways in breast cancer. They can be grown in 3D culture. The addition of the H-Ras12 simulates breast cancer as 50% of breast cancers display increased H-Ras activity.
- Research area: Cancer
- Additional notes: There is a negative control for this cell line which was made using the same pLA vector but not expressing the HRAS gene.
- For Research Use Only
- Target: HRas
- Application notes: There is a negative control for this cell line which was made using the same pLA vector but not expressing the HRAS gene.
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: DMEM-F12 supplemented with 5% horse serum, 1% penicillin (50 units ml-1), 1% streptomycin (50 ?g ml-1), 0.5 g ml-1 hydrocortisone, 100 ng ml-1 cholera toxin, 10 ?g ml-1 insulin and 20 ng ml-1 recombinant human EGF.
- Storage conditions: Liquid Nitrogen
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- Mycoplasma free: Yes
- Biosafety level: 1
- • Elia et al. 2017. Nat Commun. 8:15267. PMID: 28492237.