- Name Karl Skorecki ; Ehood Katz ; Maty Tzukerman
- Institute Rambam Health Care Campus
- Tool name: CCSP C13 Human Ovarian Cancer subpopulation cell line
- Alternate names: CCSP
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Ovary
- Cancer type: Ovarian
- Disease: Cancer
- Model: Tumour line
- Description: The CCSP family of six cell lines aims to recapitulate the ovarian cancer microenvironment, and is suitable for investigation into cancer biology and cancer therapeutics research. These lines are derived from malignant ascites; a common destination for malignant ovarian cancer cells. They have been validated in direct human-to-mouse xenografts (SCID/beige mouse muscle) and human embryonic stem cell models. The CCSP lines demonstrate morphological hallmarks of ovarian cancer and are positive for clinically relevant ovarian cancer biomarkers CA-125, CA-19.9, and MUC1, as well as the epithelial-specific antigen Ber-EP4. Tumourigenicity has been confirmed for all CCSP sub-populations in the human embryonic stem cell model, and specific sub-populations in the mouse xenograft model.
- Research area: Cancer
- For Research Use Only
- • Katz et al. 2009. Clin Cancer Res. 15(1):70-80. PMID: 19118034.