- Name H. Grossman ; Anita Sabichi
- Institute University of Michigan
- Tool name: UM-UC-5 (Human squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder) cell line
- Alternate names: UM-UC-5
- Tool type: Cell Lines
- Organism: Human
- Tissue: Bladder
- Cancer type: Human bladder transitional cell carcinoma
- Disease: Cancer
- Growth properties: Adherent
- Model: Cancer Model
- Conditional: Yes
- Description: UM-UC-5 are a human transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. These cells were assessed for their susceptibility to adenoviral mediated gene delivery, tumor growth in nude mice and differences in genetic alterations. These assays allowed for characterization of some of the most important features in each of the respective lines in an effort to more accurately establish commonly observed phenomena across cells of the same type of neoplasm.
- Research area: Cancer
- For Research Use Only
- Format: Frozen
- Growth medium: Cells were grown in Dulbecco's modified Eagle's medium (DMEM) containing 10% heat inactivated Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) and were supplemented with 1% penicillin and streptomycin at 37Â°C in 5% CO2 environment.
- Shipping conditions: Dry ice
- • Sabichi et al. 2006. J Urol. 175(3 Pt 1):1133-7. PMID: 16469639.
- • Grossman et al. 1984. J Urol. 132(4):834-7. PMID: 6471236.