BCH-N-NS Neuroblastoma cell line
- Name Carmel McConville
- Institute University of Birmingham
Tool name: BCH-N-NS Neuroblastoma cell line
Tool type: Cell Lines
Tool sub-type: Primary
Parental cell line:
Tissue: Adrenal Gland
Cancer type: Neuroblastoma
Neuroblastoma cells have been used for the following:
- Investigation of metabolic profiles generated by in vitro H MRS
- Characterisation of genetic pathways
- Discovery of epigenetically deregulated genes during neuroblastoma tumorigenesis, using genome wide DNA methylation analysis
- Functional investigation of MEGF10 knockdown
Description: Neuroblastoma is the most common extracranial solid malignancy in children. The disease possesses a broad range of clinical phenotypes with widely varying prognoses.
Standard clinical and pathological assessments do not always differentiate reliably between tumor subtypes and, therefore, genetic markers are now playing an increasingly important role in treatment decisions.
Research area: Cancer
- For Research Use Only
- • Peet et al. 2007. NMR Biomed. 20(7):692-700. PMID: 17506115.