- Name Prakash Lingasamy ; Tambet Teesalu
- Institute University of Tartu
- Tool name: PL5 Peptide
- Alternate names: PL5, Bi-specific tenascin-C and fibronectin targeted peptide
- Tool type: Proteins
- Tool sub-type: Synthetic Peptide
- Sequence: PPRRGLIKLKTSSNTKENSVVASLRP
- Cellular/ tissue localisation: Binds to extracellular matrix proteins present in malignant tissues
- Expression system: Synthetic
- Function: Marker
- Description: Oncofetal fibronectin (FN-EDB) and tenascin-C C domain (TNC-C) are not present in the extracellular matrix of adult tissues but they are up-regulated in tumours and malignant tissues. Both have been used as targets for antibody-based therapies. This bi-specific peptide has enhanced affinity to bind to these receptor proteins so PL5 may be useful as an affinity ligand for delivery of diagnostic compound into solid tumours.
- Research area: Cancer ; Extracellular Matrix
- Purpose: Marker
- For Research Use Only
- • Lingasamy et al. 2019. Biomaterials. 219:119373. PMID: 31374479.