Chk2 inhibitor CCT241533 Small Molecule (Tool Compound)
- Name Michelle Garrett
- Institute The Institute of Cancer Research
Tool name: Chk2 inhibitor CCT241533 Small Molecule (Tool Compound)
Molecular formula: C23H27FN4O4
Tool type: Small molecules
Tool sub-type: Inhibitor
Description: The Chk2 inhibitor CCT241533 was shown to produce a mechanistic inhibition of CHK2 in HT29 human colon cancer cells as well as a radioprotective effect in mouse thymocytes. In normal cells, p53 is activated by CHK2 and other kinases in response to double-strand DNA damage resulting in G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Inhibition of CHK2 may provide an antitumor effect in cancer cells, and therefore a therapeutic approach.
Research area: Cell Signaling & Signal Transduction ; Neurobiology
- For Research Use Only
- • Caldwell et al. 2011. J Med Chem. 54(2):580-90. PMID: 21186793.
- • Anderson et al. 2011. Cancer Res. 71(2):463-72. PMID: 21239475.
- • CCT241533 is a potent and selective inhibitor of CHK2 that potentiates the cytotoxicity of PARP inhibitors.
- • Structure-based design of potent and selective 2-(quinazolin-2-yl)phenol inhibitors of checkpoint kinase 2.