anti-GST tag iBody small molecule (tool compound)
- Name Jan Konvalinka ; Jirí Schimer ; Tomas Knedlik ; Vaclav Navratil ; Jan Tykvart ; Frantisek Sedlak ; Pavel Majer ; Petr Cigler ; Jiri Strohalm ; Karel Ulbich ; Vladimir Subr ; Sacha Pavel
- Institute Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry ; Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry ; Charles University
Tool name: anti-GST tag iBody small molecule (tool compound)
Alternate names: Ligandins; GST; GST-tag
Tool type: Small molecules
Tool sub-type: Marker
Description: GST (Glutathione S-Transferase) is a 26kDa protein encoded by the parasitic helminth Schistosoma japonicum and widely used in the pGEX family of GST plasmid expression vectors as a fusion protein with foreign proteins.
- iBodiesŽ are capable of replacing antibodies in biomedical applications such as ELISA, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, immunocytochemistry, Western Blot and immunoprecipitation.
- These iBodiesŽ consist of an N-(2-hydroxypropyl)methacrylamide (HPMA) copolymer decorated with low-molecular-weight compounds that function as targeting ligand (e.g., enzyme inhibitors, receptor ligands), affinity anchor (e.g., biotin) and/or imaging probe (various fluorophores).
- These iBodiesŽ have been used for enzyme inhibition, protein isolation, immobilization, quantification and live cell imaging as well as for classical Western Blot application. The system is remarkably modular and can be used for different biological/biochemistry assays.
Research area: Cell Signaling & Signal Transduction; Other
Additional notes: iBodies(R) is a registered trade mark of IOCB Tech s.r.o.
- For Research Use Only
- • Ĺ imon et al. 2018. ACS Chem Biol. 13(12):3333-3342. PMID: 30489064.
- • DvoĹĂĄkovĂĄ et al. 2017. J Med Chem. 60(20):8385-8393. PMID: 28953383.
- • Ĺ ĂĄcha et al. 2016. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 55(7):2356-60. PMID: 26749427.