- Name Matt McIntosh
- Institute University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- Tool name: Isobenzofuran analog of sclerophytin A (5a.iv) small molecule
- Tool type: Small molecules
- Description: Naturally occurring products 2, 11 cyclized cembranoids have been shown to inhibit the growth of KB3 nasopharyngeal carcinoma. The standard cancer cell line used to test for chemotherapy effectiveness. The bicyclic hydroisobenzofuran is the beneficial compounds that are naturally occurring in 2, 11 cyclized cembranoids. This compound has shown inhibition of growth of KB3 cancer test cells and could be used in cancer and antibiotics research.
- Research area: Cancer
- IC50: >100 ÎźM
- For Research Use Only
- • Bateman et al. 2009. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 19(24):6898-901. PMID: 19896844.